Connect with us

U.S.

Mike Lindell Admits MyPillow Can’t Get Back $65M in Revenue Lost Due to Trump Ties

Published

on

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell admitted in a recent interview that his company won’t be able to get back all of the $65 million in lost revenue that has come as a result of his close ties to former President Donald Trump and its promotion of groundless conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

More than 20 retailers have removed MyPillow products from their shelves since January, among them Sam’s Club, Kohl’s and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Lindell first told Insider in February that his company had lost $65 million in revenue.

In a follow-up interview published on Sunday, the MyPillow CEO said that chunk of change was not coming back.

“We obviously can’t get that back, we’re going to lose that,” Lindell told Insider. However, he said the company is working on a strategy to recoup at least some of the loss. The businessman pointed to growing revenue from podcast and radio ads.

“We’re going to look at other strategies to try and get that revenue back,” he said. “We’re looking at every space for that.”

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said that his company won’t be able to get back the $65 million its lost in revenue over the businessman’s ties to former President Donald Trump. In this photo, Lindell waits outside the West Wing of the White House before entering on January 15 in Washington, D.C.
Drew Angerer/Getty Images

“We’ve expanded so much in radio and podcast, that’s our biggest expansion right now,” the Trump loyalist continued. “It’s just booming right now. We hope that that makes up a lot of it.”

Lindell previously told The New York Times that his company earned over $300 million in revenue in 2019.

Like Trump, the MyPillow CEO continues to push the false narrative that the 2020 election was “rigged” or “stolen” by President Joe Biden and the Democrats. This extraordinary claim has been thoroughly litigated, with dozens of election challenges brought by Trump and his supporters failing in state and federal court. Even judges appointed by the former president as well as other Republicans have rejected the baseless allegations.

In November, shortly after the presidential election was called by the media, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency at the Department of Homeland Security—which was led by a Trump appointee—described the election as the “most secure in American history.” It added that “there is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.”

Former U.S. Attorney General William Barr, who was widely viewed as one of Trump’s most effective and loyal Cabinet members, said in early December that there was “no evidence” of widespread fraud that would change the election’s outcome. Recounts and audits in multiple battleground states—including some overseen by Republicans who voted for Trump—have all reaffirmed the presidential election results. But Lindell continues to claim that he has evidence of massive fraud.

“All of the evidence I have, everything that is going to go before the Supreme Court and the election of 2020 is going bye-bye,” the MyPillow CEO said during an interview late last month with former Trump adviser Steve Bannon’s War Room: Pandemic podcast. Lindell predicted that Trump “will be back in office in August.”

Meanwhile, Lindell is facing a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems, which the businessman and other Trump allies have repeatedly claimed was involved in the alleged plot to “rig” the election.

The Liberty Buzz reached out to MyPillow for comment, but did not immediately receive a response.

Sponsors

Advertisement

Recent Topics

Sponsors

Recent Posts

Trending