Connect with us

U.S.

Man Carjacks Teenage Girl 20 Minutes after Prison Release, Police Say

Published

on

A man has been arrested after he allegedly carjacked a teenage girl just 20 minutes after being released from jail.

Marcus Goodman, 31, was released from Spokane County Jail in Washington at 10.08 p.m. on Saturday night, where he was being held on an unrelated felony change.

At 10.28 p.m., officers responded to a carjacking call in the area of Brooke’s Addition, Spokane City Police said in a statement.

A 16-year-old girl said she was approached by the man who demanded she hand over her car and implied he was carrying a gun, the statement added.

Officers then began searching the city for the stolen vehicle and just before 1 a.m. a patrol sergeant located it near Francis Avenue and North Nevada Street in northeast Spokane.

Police said the driver of the vehicle was detained and quickly identified as the person who had robbed the victim earlier that night.

After investigating the driver’s activity, officers released that Goodman had just been released from prison before he stole the car.

Police said the investigation showed Goodman had traveled around 1.5 miles from jail to Browne’s Addition and robbed the juvenile victim in 20 minutes.

They added that Goodman, a convicted felon, was booked back into Spokane County Jail for the felony charge of second degree robbery.

It comes after a 14-year-old girl used a dating app to lure three males into carjacking traps in Washington, D.C., police said.

The girl, who has not been named, colluded with others to draw the men to a location before waving a handgun at them, stealing their belongings and driving off in their vehicle, Metropolitan Police Department detectives said in a news release.

Ages of the alleged victims, or whether they knew they were meeting an underage girl, is not clear at this stage, WUSA reports.

Officers charged the girl with two counts of armed robbery with a gun and assault with a dangerous weapon after her arrest on Tuesday.

Two of the alleged robberies happened earlier this month, while the first took place in January last year, police said.

In other news, the New York City Police Department (NYPD) personnel arrested one suspect in connection to four stabbings that took place along the subway system’s A train line on Saturday, which left two people dead.

The individual, Rigoberto Lopez, was taken into custody on Sunday.

“Rigoberto Lopez has been arrested and charged with murder and attempted murder related to the four stabbings/slashings on the A line yesterday. This investigation continues, and we thank everyone for the help they provided in this case,” read a statement shared to the NYPD Transit bureau’s official Twitter account on Sunday afternoon.

An NYPD spokesperson identified the suspect as a 21-year-old male and Brooklyn resident in additional information sent to Newsweek. The spokesperson confirmed that the individual is charged with one count of first-degree murder, two counts of second-degree murder, and two counts of attempted murder for his alleged involvement in the crimes.

Sponsors

Advertisement

Recent Topics

Sponsors

Recent Posts

Trending